Over the years we have offered a variety of program formats to support mindfulness practitioners to sustain and enhance their personal practice. Below are descriptions of what we tend to offer.
- Mindfulness Group Practice Sessions — Group sessions for practice and discussion.
- ½-day retreats — 3-hour silent guided mindfulness practice interspersed with talks and discussion.
- 1-day retreats — Topic-oriented workshops including guided mindfulness practice and discussion regarding its application and/or adaptation to the particular topic.
- 4-week programs — A structured course to help participants to refresh their connection to and deepen understanding of mindfulness practice.
- 8-week programs — Detailed exploration of mindfulness as related to a specific topic, e.g anxiety or grief.
- Intensive Retreats — 4½-day retreats that allow participants to abide in mindfulness and meditation, stillness and movement, group exercises, individual practice, and speech and silence. These residential retreats are offered twice annually and contain longer periods of silence to support participants to fully immerse themselves in the experience of mindfulness.
- Deepening Connections — This year-long program is intended for participants who have established a regular meditation practice through either participation in our Foundation eight-week program or equivalent training. Significant experience with mindfulness as well as a willingness to go further on their path is also required.
- Practicum in Mindfulness-based Stress Management — This program offers you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the process of learning mindfulness and mindfulness-based stress management and will provide you with a thorough grounding in the ways in which mindfulness is taught and learned. (*additional prerequisites apply)
Pre-requisite for all advanced programs: Completion of the 8 week PPM Stress Management Foundation Program or similar training and approval from the Penn Program for Mindfulness Staff.