Investigators in the Pulmonary Division are involved in both basic and clinical research relating to interstitial lung diseases.
Milton Rossman, MD heads the interstitial lung disease clinical program, which runs a variety of translational trials that explore pathogenesis and treatment for ILD and sarcoidosis.
Specific faculty projects include:
- Detection of surfactant mutations and the development of ILD
Ellen Puré, PhD (Wistar Institute)
- Role of fibroblast activating protein in the pathogenesis of interstitial lung disease
- Epidemiology and Identification of risk factors for the development of Interstitial Lung Diseases and for poor outcome.
- Drug trials with novel agents for the treatment of ILD and sarcoidois
- Development of a clinical and biological sample repository
- Evaluation of new therapeutic agents for the treatment of ILD