The Harron Lung Center offers a multidisciplinary team and advanced technology to provide patients more options to improve their lives. Highlights of the Harron Lung Center program include:
- Penn's state-of-the-art imaging and conference center facilitates onsite consultation in a multidisciplinary fashion among the the pulmonary physicians, radiologists and pathologists who work together to reach accurate diagnoses and streamline treatment.
- The Harron Lung Center is the only program in the region with a group of chest surgeons dedicated to, and specializing in, non-cardiac thoracic surgery.
- Penn's Lung Transplant Program — one of the leading lung transplant programs in the country — has performed over 895 transplants.
- Paul F. Harron Jr. Lung Center physicians perform high-quality research, conduct well-planned clinical trials, and have the most up-to-date knowledge about treatment options that lead to optimal results. Eligible patients can participate in Penn's clinical trials, giving them access to treatments before the treatments are widely available.
- Penn's lung specialists are well-represented in America's Top Doctors and are listed among the region's best in Philadelphia Magazine's "Top Doctors" issue.
- In 2015, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania tenth in the nation for pulmonology.