Penn Medicine is leading pulmonary vascular disease care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives.
- Penn physicians and nurse practitioners have more than 30 years of combined experience in diagnosing, evaluating and treating pulmonary vascular disease.
- Many of the problems that develop from pulmonary vascular diseases are due to both heart and lung conditions. Penn's close collaboration between cardiac and pulmonary specialists offers patients the best overall diagnosis and treatment of their conditions.
- Pulmonary vascular physicians are also members of the lung, heart and heart-lung transplantation teams, providing seamless integration of care for those requiring this option.
- For more than 25 years, Penn Medicine has participated in pulmonary vascular research studies funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other sponsors.
- Penn is actively involved in clinical trials of new therapies to treat pulmonary hypertension and other pulmonary vascular diseases.