The Harron Lung Center offers a multidisciplinary team and advanced technology to provide patients more options to improve their lives. Highlights of the Harron Lung Center program include:
- Penn's state-of-the-art imaging and conference center facilitates onsite consultation between the pulmonary physicians, radiologists and pathologists who work together in multidisciplinary care teams to make the most accurate diagnosis for patients.
- The Harron Lung Center is the only program in the region with a group of chest surgeons dedicated to, and specializing in, non-cardiac thoracic surgery.
- Penn's Lung Transplant Program – one of the premier programs in the country – has performed 290 lung transplants, more than double the volume of any other program in the Philadelphia region.
- Harron Lung Center physicians perform research, conduct clinical trials, and have the latest available knowledge about how to implement treatment options to achieve best results. Eligible patients can participate in Penn's clinical trials, giving them access to treatments before the treatments are widely available.
- Penn's lung specialists are well-represented in America's Top Doctors and are listed among the region's best in Philadelphia Magazine's "Top Doctors" issue.
- In 2014, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian seventh in the nation for pulmonology.