The Harron Lung Center utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Penn specialists use their combined expertise to create individualized patient treatment plans.
- Penn's lung physicians and surgeons are pioneers and leaders in surgical options such as lung volume reduction surgery and bullectomies.
- Radiologists, chest surgeons, lung doctors, advanced practice nurses and respiratory therapists are all accessible and available in one convenient location.
- Patients who qualify can participate in clinical trials with new and emerging treatments for COPD.
- If lung transplantation is needed, patients have a seamless transition to Penn's Lung Transplant Program at the Penn Transplant Institute.
* Private practice physicians who have privileges to treat patients at Pennsylvania Hospital. The physicians are not employed by the University of Pennsylvania Health System.