Penn Medicine is nationally renowned for educating next generation leaders in clinical care and research in the areas of pulmonary and critical care, thoracic surgery, allergy and immunology, lung transplantation and lung cancer. Our faculty members are committed to lifelong learning and lend their expertise to multiple undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education programs.
Penn’s residency and fellowship programs attract applicants interested in careers in academic medicine from top-ranked medical schools around the world.
The future leaders of medicine come to Penn for:
- Comprehensive educational experience
- High-volume clinical services where trainees can gain expertise with both common and complex lung disorders
- Robust lung research programs
- The opportunity to learn alongside world-class faculty
- Dedicated faculty mentors who provide a perfect balance between independence and supervision
- Talented, accomplished fellow trainees with strong academic and leadership skills
- Facilities equipped with today’s most advanced technology
- A collaborative environment that fosters interdisciplinary cooperation throughout the institution
- A history of innovation in clinical practice and research as well as in education
- A reputation that helps graduates move on to careers at prestigious centers of excellence around the world