Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. The Summer Teen Program is designed to expose students interested in healthcare access to the operations of a world-class medical center. Volunteers will have a chance to interact with patients, observe clinicians and support hospital staff.
- You Would Make a Good Volunteer If You...
- Are mature and willing to adhere to hospital policies and procedures
- Interested in helping care for patients by assisting hospital staff and operations
- Are 14 to 18 years old
- Have a professional and positive attitude about your commitment to the hospital and its patients and visitors
Can commit to 4 hours per day of scheduled volunteering over a 3 week period, Monday to Friday, during one of the follow blocks:
Block Start Date End Date 1 June 22, 2015 July 10, 2015 2 July 13, 2015 July 31, 2015 3 August 3, 2015 August 21, 2015
- What We Offer
- Exposure to hospital operations in a premier hospital
- Service to your community
- Opportunity to gain a certificate of service for completing 60 hours of service and 15 scheduled shifts of volunteering
- What We Do Not Provide
- Shadowing opportunities
- Reimbursement for costs associated with the volunteer application process
- Medical or clinical training
- Course credits or internships
- What We Require
- Completion of application, immunization/vaccination records, health system orientation including competency assessment
- Attendance every weekday of the chosen block
- Enrollment in an accredited high school for the 2014/15 academic year
- $15 for a volunteer jacket, which will be yours to keep.
- What Assignments Are Available?
- Assignments consist primarily of clerical, administrative, and logistical tasks
- Assignment descriptions will be made available prior to selecting an assignment
- Applicants will have access to assignment selection once a complete application is submitted, including all immunization and health records
- Assignments are distributed on a first-come, first served basis, the earlier a complete application is received, the more likely an applicant is to move forward towards receiving an assignment at HUP
- When Should I Apply?
- Applications for all blocks of the 2015 Summer Session will be accepted beginning March 16, 2015 and continue until all assignments have been filled
- I Have Read and Understand All Above Information and Wish to Apply
Applications must include COMPLETED Immunization History & TB Screening form, which can be downloaded here:
- Applications without completed Immunization history and TB Screening forms will not be accepted.
- Immunization History & TB Screening Forms
Apply For The Summer Teen Program
Apply here after March 16, 2015.
Questions About Volunteering?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Volunteer Services at 215-662-2576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.