Since 1982, Wissahickon Hospice has provided compassionate care for patients with life-limiting conditions. Our holistic philosophy takes a pro-active approach to pain and symptom management and recognizes that pain extends beyond the physical. We address the symptoms of the illness as well as the patients' emotional and spiritual concerns – assisting patients and loved ones with the challenges that come with death and dying.
Hospice care provides a way for patients to take control of their life and treatment, encouraging them to take an active role in the important medical and legal decisions that affect them and those around them. Our multidisciplinary hospice team provides a wide range of care and support, allowing patients to live out their final months comfortably, in control, and with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Patients rely on Wissahickon Hospice to provide:
- Home health aides to help with bathing, dressing and feeding
- Trained volunteers to provide companionship and assist with errands
- Skilled nursing care for aggressive pain and symptom management
- 24-hour on-call support
- Counseling and bereavement support, including a specialized program for children
- Spiritual support for patients of all faiths
- Arrangement of respite services
- A state-of-the-art inpatient unit, Penn Hospice at Rittenhouse, designed exclusively for acute hospice care.
In addition to hospice care, our Caring Way program provides continued curative care for patients with a life-limiting illness. Patients who are used to living independently may be eligible for our Living Alone program, which does not require a live-in caregiver.
Payment for Services
Wissahickon Hospice services are billed to Medicare/Medicaid or other insurance on a per-diem basis. Most insurance is accepted.
Wissahickon Hospice serves patients and their families in Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware, Bucks and Montgomery counties. Our office is located at:
150 Monument Road
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
For More Information
Please call 1-800-700-8807 or email us at email@example.com. For information about all services provided by the University of Pennsylvania Health System, call 1-800-789-PENN (7366).