Penn Home Care and Hospice Services offers an array of specialized services to patients requiring treatments for orthopaedic conditions. We provide a comprehensive rehabilitative care plan in the home, which includes attention to wound care, various therapies, and training to help patients adapt to their environment.
- Joint therapy for patients recovering from total hip replacement and/or total knee replacement.
- Physical and occupational therapies available for an inclusive home exercise program to enhance rehabilitation and assist the patient with adaptation.
- Established orthopaedic clinical pathway, enabling Penn Care at Home to provide comprehensive care for patients with more complex rehabilitative needs.
- Home health aides available for assistance with personal care during treatment.
- Social services available to aid the patient in coping with family, mental, and emotional issues stemming from condition and treatment.
Home Infusion Therapy
Here are just some of the medications and therapies Penn Home Infusion Therapy can offer our patients:
- IV Antibiotics
- Care of Access Catheters
Hospice & Palliative Care
- Provides care for patients with end-stage orthopaedic conditions, such as osteosarcoma patients and patients with osteoporosis.
- Focus on aggressive pain and symptom management.
- Counseling, support and bereavement benefits.
- Caring Way program provides care for patients with a life-limiting illness who choose to continue curative care. If the patient should choose to move from Caring Way to hospice care, he or she will retain the same nurse and social worker, allowing for a smoother transition and a greater continuity of care.
All Penn Home Care and Hospice Services Divisions Offer:
- 24-Hour RN Availability: RN support is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to address any questions or care concerns.
- Care Plan Management: All of our care providers work closely with the patient's primary care physician and their team in order to develop and maintain a comprehensive care plan.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Supplies: Penn Home Care and Hospice Services will coordinate the delivery of necessary DME to the patient's home or place of care.
- Central Intake & Access: To refer a patient to any of our services, please call 866-888-8598. In addition to triaging the patient and arranging services, our helpful, nowledgeable staff can assist you with determining patient eligibility and obtaining up-front authorizations. Furthermore, we will contact the patient to discuss any coverage and reimbursement issues prior to start of care.