Penn Home Care and Hospice Services offers an array of specialized services to patients requiring treatment for neurological conditions. We consider the patient's primary care physician an integral member of the care team, and will work closely with his or her team to develop and implement a comprehensive home plan of care.
Home Infusion Therapy
- Dedicated Neurology team, consisting of a registered pharmacist, a registered nurse (RN), and a patient services representative
- Provides and administers IVIG therapies
- Some available therapies:
- Total Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition
- Solu-Medrol (steroid therapy)
- Cath Care
- Morphine and Dilaudid
- Dedicated Neurology Clinical Pathways enhance care.
- Provides care for symptomatic ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), MS (multiple sclerosis) and Parkinson's patients.
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists on staff.
Hospice & Palliative Care
- Has established protocols for treating end-stage MS and ALS patients.
- Focused on aggressive pain and symptom management.
- Hospice care for end-stage Neurology patients, including counseling, support and bereavement benefits.
- Caring Way program provides care for patients with a life-limiting illness who choose to continue curative care. If the patient should choose to move from Caring Way to hospice care, he or she will retain the same nurse and social worker, allowing for a smoother transition and a greater continuity of care.
All Penn Home Care and Hospice Services Divisions Offer:
- 24-Hour RN Availability: RN support is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to address any questions or care concerns.
- Care Plan Management: All of our care providers work closely with the patient's primary care physician and their team in order to develop and maintain a comprehensive care plan.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Supplies: Penn Home Care and Hospice Services will coordinate the delivery of necessary DME to the patient's home or place of care.
- Central Intake & Access: To refer a patient to any of our services, please call 866-888-8598. In addition to triaging the patient and arranging services, our helpful, knowledgeable staff can assist you with determining patient eligibility and obtaining up-front authorizations. Furthermore, we will contact the patient to discuss any coverage and reimbursement issues prior to start of care.