Penn Home Care and Hospice Services offers an array of specialized services to patients requiring treatment for Infectious Diseases. As part of our mission to provide exceptional, quality care, our professional staff will create a safe, hygienic care environment in the patient's home, so both superior care and patient comfort are achieved.
Home Infusion Therapy
- Dedicated Infectious Disease team, consisting of a registered pharmacist, a registered nurse (RN) and a patient services representative.
- Here are just some of the medications and
therapies Penn Home Care and Hospice Services
can offer your patients:
- Amphotericin B
- Rocephin (Ceftriaxone)
- Ancef (Cefazolin)
- Dedicated enterostomal therapy (ET) nursing for assessment and treatment of wounds and ostomies.
- Nurses highly competent in assessments.
- Medical social workers provide counseling related to disease process and illness, short and long term planning, and community resources available to the patient and their family.
- Assessment and implementation of the nutritional plan of care.
Hospice and Palliative Care
- Provides end-of-life care for patients with HIV and other infectious diseases.
- Focus on aggressive pain and symptom management.
- Counseling, support and bereavement benefits for patients and their families.
- Caring Way program provides care for patients with a life-limiting illness who choose to continue curative care. If the patient should choose to move from Caring Way to hospice care, he or she will retain the same nurse and social worker, allowing for a smoother transition and a greater continuity of care.
All Penn Home Care and Hospice Services Divisions Offer:
- 24-Hour RN Availability: Registered nurse support is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to address any questions or care concerns.
- Care Plan Management: All of our care providers work closely with the patient's primary care physician and their team in order to develop and maintain a comprehensive care plan.
- DME Supplies: Penn Home Care and Hospice Services will coordinate the delivery of necessary durable medical equipment to the patient's home or place of care.
- Central Intake & Access: To refer a patient to any of our services, please call 866-888-8598. In addition to triaging the patient and arranging services, our helpful, knowledgeable staff can assist you with determining patient eligibility and obtaining up-front authorizations. Furthermore, we will contact the patient to discuss any coverage and reimbursement issues prior to start of care.