Penn Home Care and Hospice Services offers an array of specialized services to patients requiring treatment for cardiac conditions. We consider the patient's primary care physician an integral member of the care team, and will work with the patient's care team to develop and implement a comprehensive home plan of care.
Home Infusion Therapy
- Dedicated Cardiology team, consisting of a registered pharmacist, a registered nurse (RN), and a patient services representative.
- Home phlebotomy services and lab monitoring.
- Here are just some of the medications and
therapies Penn Home Infusion Therapy can offer
- Inotropic Therapy
- IV Antibiotics
- Established Heart Failure Clinical Pathways enhance care.
- Professional in-home clinician to provide care for patients with Class III and IV heart failure.
- Many Penn Care at Home nurses have specialties in management of cardiac patients.
Hospice & Palliative Care
- End-of-life care for Cardiology patients, including those suffering with end-stage heart failure.
- Focused on aggressive pain and symptom management.
- Counseling, support and bereavement benefits for patients and their families.
- Caring Way program provides care for patients with a life-limiting illness who choose to continue curative care. If the patient should choose to move from Caring Way to hospice care, he or she will retain the same nurse and social worker, allowing for a smoother transition and a greater continuity of care.
All Penn Home Care and Hospice Services Divisions Offer:
- 24-Hour RN Availability: RN support is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to address any questions or care concerns.
- Care Plan Management: All of our care providers work closely with the patient's primary care physician and their team in order to develop and maintain a comprehensive care plan.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Supplies: Penn Home Care and Hospice Services will coordinate the delivery of necessary DME to the patient's home or place of care.
- Central Intake & Access: To refer a patient to any of our services, please call 866-888-8598. In addition to triaging the patient and arranging services, our helpful, knowledgeable staff can assist you with determining patient eligibility and obtaining up-front authorizations. Furthermore, we will contact the patient to discuss any coverage and reimbursement issues prior to start of care.