Penn Home Care and Hospice Services offers an array of specialized therapies and medications to patients requiring care for Oncology and Hematology-related conditions. With our aggressive pain management methods and dedicated pathways, we work with the primary care physician and his or her team to establish and implement an extensive patient profile and comprehensive plan of care.
Hospice and Palliative Care
- Focus on aggressive pain and symptom management.
- Nurses are highly competent in all aspects of Oncology care.
- Comprehensive care for end-stage patients, including counseling, support and bereavement benefits for the patient and their family.
- Caring Way program provides palliative care for patients receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy. If the patient should choose to move from Caring Way to hospice care, he or she will retain the same nurse and social worker, allowing for a smoother transition and a greater continuity of care.
Home Infusion Therapy
- Dedicated Oncology team consisting of a registered pharmacist, a registered nurse (RN), and a patient services representative.
- Provides numerous pain management therapies, including experimental medication when warranted.
- All pharmacists have competencies in Infusion Therapy.
- Some available therapies:
- Adriamycin (Doxorubicin)
Specialized Hematology/Oncology Services
Penn Home Care and Hospice Services is well equipped to provide services to patients requiring care for hemophilia and other Hematology/Oncology related conditions. Our Hematology/Oncology services include:
- Hydration Therapy
- Anti-emetic Therapy
- Epogen or Procrit
- Hemophilia Therapy
In conjunction with the services listed above, our Home Health Care division can provide:
- Physical and occupational therapists to assist with home safety and endurance.
- Medical social workers to provide counseling related to illness, short and long term planning, and community resources available to the patient and their family.
All Penn Home Care and Hospice Services Divisions Offer:
- 24-Hour RN Availability: RN support is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to address any questions or care concerns.
- Care Plan Management: All of our care providers work closely with the patient's primary care physician and their team in order to develop and maintain a comprehensive care plan.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Supplies: Penn Home Care and Hospice Services will coordinate the delivery of necessary DME supplies to the patient's home or place of care.
- Central Intake & Access: To refer a patient to any of our services, please call 866-888-8598. In addition to triaging the patient and arranging services, our helpful, knowledgeable staff can assist you with determining patient eligibility and obtaining up-front authorizations. Furthermore, we will contact the patient to discuss any coverage and reimbursement issues prior to start of care.