Referring Patients to Wissahickon Hospice/Caring Way
Patients should meet the following requirements for referral or admission to Wissahickon Hospice. Physicians should feel free to call 1-800-700-8807 regarding admission criteria for hospice services, or review our for eligibility and hospice criteria page.
- Terminal prognosis of six months or less
- Patient/ family desire palliative care
- Approval by physician
- Patient need not be home or bedbound
- Patient need not be DNR (Do Not Resuscitate)
We will need the following information about your patient when you make the referral to Wissahickon Hospice:
- Does the patient live alone?
- Primary caregiver information/phone number
- Prognosis information
- Was the patient informed about the prognosis?
- Was the patient’s family informed about the prognosis?
- Demographic information (i.e. patient name, address, and telephone number)
- Patient’s emergency contact information
- Name of the ordering physician
- Name of the physician who will sign orders (if different from ordering physician)
- Patient height, weight, and allergy information (where applicable)
- Inpatient stay dates
- Insurance information (Including secondary, if applicable)
- Desired start of care date
To make a referral to Wissahickon Hospice or Caring Way, please call 1-800-700-8807.
To make a referral to any Penn Home Care and Hospice Services entity, please call us toll-free at 1-866-888-8598.