How to Apply
Post-residency physician fellows must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed an ACGME or AOA-accredited residency program in Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, or Surgery.
- Be board-certified or board-eligible with demonstration of active pursuit of certification.
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing an academic career with palliative care as a primary focus.
- Individuals who wish to apply for a fellowship should submit an application through ERAS. Your ERAS application should include your curriculum vitae, personal statement, three letters of support, and test scores (ECFMG, USMLE) in order to be reviewed.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Depending on the level of interest for a given academic year, we may completely fill our positions more than a year in advance. Applicants are encouraged to contact us and submit an ERAS application at last a year and a half in advance of their anticipated fellowship start date. For example, interviewing for July 2014 will begin in January 2013.
We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to receiving your application. For more information, contact:
Amy M Corcoran, MD, CMD
HPM Fellowship Program Director
Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics
3615 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Additional Training Opportunities at Penn Medicine:
Robert Wood Johnson Health & Society Clinical Scholars
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program
Center for Excellence in Cancer Communication Research
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics