Philadelphia, PA 19107
Penn Heart and Vascular at Pennsylvania Hospital offers patients every preventive, diagnostic and treatment option necessary to maintain a healthy heart.
Patients benefit from state-of-the-art treatment from a multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, anesthesiologists and specially trained nurses. These clinicians are leaders in caring for patients with cardiovascular diseases, ranging from heart valve and vascular disease to heart failure and arrhythmias.
Continuity of Care That Patients Can Rely On
Pennsylvania Hospital offers patients continuity of care that is not always found elsewhere. Penn cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons pride themselves on providing patients with longitudinal care — from their first appointment to their last. Patients are seen by the same physician to ensure effective communication, mutual understanding and a solid foundation for personal support. Each patient's primary physician performs both their studies and follow-up visits, allowing patients to form a long-term relationship with a single provider.
A Robust Cardiology Program
At Pennsylvania Hospital, the cardiology program is now stronger than ever. The enhanced program offers:
- Same-day consultative cardiology appointments at community locations.
- Access to innovative surgical treatments and a new operating room.
- Latest therapies for heart rhythm disorders.
- Advanced imaging technology, including a D-SPECT™ camera that is times faster with improved resolution and comfort for patients.
- Access to the latest research and clinical trials that offer new treatments for patients with cardiovascular disease.
- A team of cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and support staff available 24-hours a day to provide care of any cardiac emergency. The use of Pennsylvania Hospital's emergency room facility is recommended for improved outcomes and continuity of care.
Expertise in Cardiac Surgery
Under the leadership of Satoshi Furukawa, MD, Pennsylvania Hospital's cardiac surgery team offers a variety of sophisticated surgical techniques and minimally invasive surgery options. A full range of cardiac services offered include:
- Advanced aortic surgery, both endovascular and open-heart
- Complex aortic and valve surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Hybrid surgical approaches to atrial fibrillation
- Minimally invasive aortic valve surgery
- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery
Alternative Medical and Surgical Options For All Patients
Pennsylvania Hospital is home to the Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, one of the only programs on the East Coast offering expert medical and surgical care without the use of allogenic blood. Bloodless surgery is not just for patients whose religious convictions prohibit them from receiving blood transfusions, but is available to any patient. This option offers benefits such as improved outcomes, lower risks and shorter hospital stays for a number of cardiac surgeries.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.