The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- Penn offers the most fully integrated and comprehensive care for vascular disease available in the Philadelphia region.
- More carotid, aortic, and peripheral arterial repairs are performed at Penn than at any other regional facility.
- As one of the top five centers in the United States for thoracic aortic, abdominal aortic and carotid stenting, Penn is among a handful of centers at the forefront of endovascular surgery.
“Firsts” that offer new options for patients.
- For close to a half century, Penn Medicine surgeons and interventional specialists have pioneered new therapies for life-threatening vascular disorders. Penn was the first vascular center in the nation to perform balloon angioplasty for stenotic arteries.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Penn's vascular specialists are board certified in general surgery and vascular surgery.
- They provide consultation and training for medical professionals around the world.
- They are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's "Top Docs" and America's Top Doctors.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
- Extensive diagnostic facilities offer patients state-of-the-art technology. Penn's labs are accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- All surgical and endovascular suites are equipped with high definition imaging systems and specially designed instruments.
A commitment to accessible care.
- Penn's Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy team is available around the clock for prompt referral consultation and immediate care for patients in critical situations, including abdominal aortic aneurysm ruptures and carotid blockages.
Active research programs put Penn at the forefront of new developments in vascular surgery and endovascular therapy.
- Penn is a leader in clinical and FDA trials including:
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.