Advanced Procedures for Vascular Repair and Reconstruction
The Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy Program at Penn Medicine is one of the nation's top centers vascular surgery and repair.
Patients with a variety of vascular diseases come to Penn's Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy Program. The vascular team partners with patients to evaluate all of the surgical, minimally invasive, endovascular and medical treatments available.
Penn vascular surgeons are experts in:
- Blocked or narrowed arteries (peripheral artery disease)
- Abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Disease of the veins, including deep vein thrombosis
- Dialysis access
- Carotid artery disease
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
Vascular disease can impair or block blood flow through arteries and veins, or cause them to enlarge (become aneurysmal). It can affect any or many parts of the body resulting in stroke, kidney failure, limb ischemia, or even death.
State-of-the-art Endovascular Surgery Angiographic Suite
This state-of-the-art endovascular surgery angiographic suite is designed to perform sophisticated minimally invasive surgical interventions.
A Multispecialty Approach Leads to Better Outcomes
Penn's Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy team consists of:
- Vascular surgeons
- Vascular medicine specialists
- Dedicated vascular anesthesiologists
They collaborate with cardiac specialists and neurosurgeons to treat patients with heart and brain complications of peripheral vascular disease.
Breadth and Depth of Expertise in Vascular Care
Vascular procedures, whether they are traditional open surgeries or minimally invasive endovascular interventions, are intricate and complex. As a high-volume vascular center, specialists at Penn routinely perform procedures that are done only occasionally at other locations. They are uniquely qualified to treat all patients including those considered to be high-risk.
- Aneurysm repair – traditional open surgery and minimally invasive stent grafts
- Low extremity bypassing (revascularization)
- Extremity angioplasty/stenting
- Removal of atherosclerotic plaque buildup
- Reoperative vascular surgeries
- Second procedures (for recurrent arterial stenosis (narrowing) and graft failure)
- IVC filter insertion and removal
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.