The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Vascular Medicine Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- Penn Medicine offers the most fully integrated and comprehensive care for vascular disease available in the Philadelphia region.
- Vascular medicine is a relatively new discipline. Penn’s stature in the field positions it as one of just seven centers in the United States to be awarded a National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) grant to train vascular medicine specialists in 2007.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Penn’s vascular medicine specialists are board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular medicine.
- They provide consultation and training for medical professionals around the world.
- They are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's "Top Docs" and America's Top Doctors.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
- Penn's Lipid Clinic is one of the largest in the region for the treatment of high cholesterol, offering personalized treatment plans designed to fit every patient’s lifestyle and to help them make real changes.
- Patients with unusually high levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) who are unresponsive to drug treatment can benefit from LDL apheresis (a dialysis-like treatment). Penn’s program is one of the largest in the country.
Active research programs put Penn at the forefront of new developments in vascular medicine.
- Researchers at Penn are pushing the frontiers of:
- Vascular imaging.
- Minimally invasive stenting.
- Longevity for patients with peripheral artery disease.
- Basic science investigations include:
- Cell therapy to develop new arteries in legs.
- New medications to help with claudication (leg pain resulting from peripheral artery disease).
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.