A Total Body Approach to Circulatory Disease
Penn Medicine addresses the challenges of diagnosing and treating the thousands of miles of vessels in the body make the circulatory system with a unique group of physicians.
Access to Multispecialty Expertise Made Easy
The specialists in the Vascular Medicine Program at Penn partner with a broad range of other specialists from other fields to deliver comprehensive care to patients with all forms of vascular disease, no matter where it occurs in the body. These include:
- Vascular surgeons
Treating the Causes and Consequences of Vascular Disease
Vascular medicine specialists diagnose and treat:
- Problems of the arteries, veins and lymphatics (a network of vessels running alongside the vascular system) including:
- Risk factors that predispose an individual to vascular disease such as:
Penn's program emphasizes prevention and early detection to reduce risk before problems occur and, when symptoms emerge, non-surgical therapies wherever possible. A robust arsenal of tools include:
- A variety of noninvasive diagnostic methods
- Lifestyle modification programs
- Drug therapy
- Laser therapy and sclerotherapy ablation for varicose and spider veins
- Interventions such as balloon angioplasty and stenting
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.