The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Noninvasive Testing Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- Penn has the only radiology department in the region with a dedicated cardiovascular imaging section staffed entirely by subspecialty fellowship trained cardiac radiologists, and was the first to offer CT coronary angiography.
- All studies are performed by technologists dedicated to cardiology and read by specialty-trained radiologists or cardiologists.
- All testing sites are accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) and the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation for Echocardiographic Laboratories (ICAEL).
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Noninvasive testing specialists at Penn are board-certified cardiologists and radiologists and are level-3 certified in noninvasive testing, the highest level of competence in their specialty.
- Many participated in the development of several of the noninvasive tests available today.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
- Dual-source cardiac CT scanners offer patients the highest image quality, reduced radiation levels and shorter scan times.
- Penn is one of only a very few institutions to routinely perform MRIs on patients with pacemakers and defibrillators.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.