The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Minimally Invasive Surgery and Robotics Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- Penn is one of the few Surgical Centers of Excellence in the country, representing a strong commitment to the ongoing development of clinical expertise.
Results that improve longevity and quality of life.
- Penn cardiovascular surgeons are among the nation's most experienced in all forms of minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Studies show that the patients of surgeons who perform many minimally invasive procedures have better results.
- While all minimally invasive surgeries have the potential to necessitate a conversion to an "open" procedure during the operation, the conversion rate at Penn is very low due to exceptionally skilled surgeons.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Penn's minimally invasive cardiovascular surgeons are board certified in cardiothoracic surgery and are specially trained in this approach.
- They provide consultation and training for other medical professionals around the world.
- They are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's "Top Docs" and America's Top Doctors.
Collaborative relationships that deliver real value to patients.
- Many Penn surgeons serve on the boards of national minimally invasive surgical organizations, keeping them at the forefront of developments in this emerging medical specialty.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
Penn Medicine is and has surgeons on staff specially trained to use robotic-assisted surgical systems for:
- Bypass surgery
- Valvular reconstruction
- Atrial septal defect closure
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
Active research programs put Penn at the forefront of new developments in heart transplantation.
- Penn was one of only 12 heart surgery centers nationwide, and the only one in the Philadelphia region, invited to participate in the country's first clinical trial for total robotic coronary artery bypass grafting.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.