The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Lipid Disorders Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- The Lipid Disorders Program is the region's largest and most well known for the diagnosis and management of lipid disorders. It is part of Penn's fully integrated approach to heart care and disease prevention.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Penn's specialists in lipid disorders are board certified internal medicine and/or cardiovascular disease.
- They are leaders in the field of preventive cardiovascular medicine, cholesterol metabolism and atherosclerosis.
- They provide consultation and training for other medical professionals around the world.
- They are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's “Top Docs” and America's Top Doctors.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
- Patients with unusually high levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) who are unresponsive to drug treatment can benefit from LDL apheresis (a dialysis-like treatment). Penn's program is one of the largest in the country.
Active research programs that put Penn at the forefront of new developments in heart transplantation.
- Penn researchers are internationally known for their work in novel approaches to boosting HDL (good cholesterol) levels and function and in gene therapy to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) levels.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.