Comprehensive Care at Every Stage of Heart Failure
Penn's Heart Failure Program is an innovative approach to treating heart failure designed to provide a seamless continuum of care from early-prevention strategies to end-stage options.
A full continuum of care for every aspect of heart failure treatment:
- As the largest heart failure program in the Philadelphia region, Penn offers a full spectrum of medical, interventional, and surgical treatment options – many of which are not available at other regional hospitals.
- A multispecialty team including some of the nation's finest cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons, as well as specialists in cardiac imaging, pulmonary medicine, diabetes and rehabilitation medicine. Their experience spans the breadth and depth of heart failure care.
- The Heart Failure Program is closely integrated with the Mechanical-Assist Device Program and Heart Transplantation Program to offer a complete continuum of care as patients disease evolves.
- Penn has a dedicated team of certified heart failure nurses* who have specialized knowledge and training in heart failure care. This specialization in care leads to improved quality of life and a better life expectancy for heart failure patients.
* The American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN) is a specialty organization dedicated to advancing nursing education, clinical practice and research, to improve heart failure patient outcomes.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.