The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives.
The Familial Cardiomyopathy Program brings together teams from Penn Medicine's nationally recognized Heart and Vascular Center and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to ensure that patients and their families receive the best care possible. Patients choose the Familial Cardiomyopathy Program at Penn Medicine and CHOP for:
Experience patients can rely on.
- Teams of experienced cardiologists from two nationally recognized medical centers treat both children and adults diagnosed with cardiomyopathies.
- Penn's Heart Failure and Transplantation Program includes doctors, nurses and genetic counselors with expertise in diagnosing and treating cardiomyopathies in adults.
- Genetic counselors provide counseling for the whole family and genetic testing as needed.
- Penn has received the Get With The Guidelines®— Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Penn's cardiologists are board certified in cardiovascular medicine and many are fellowship trained in advanced heart failure and transplantation.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.