First Opinions, Second Opinions, New Options for Patients with Complex Heart Problems
Penn's Consultative Cardiology Program offers all patients with cardiovascular disease or suspected cardiovascular disease access to the highest level of specialization and medical expertise in the region. Consultative cardiologists see both self-referred and physician-referred patients.
A Comprehensive Range of Expertise
Penn cardiologists address the full range of cardiovascular conditions and symptoms including:
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Angina (chest pain)
- Coronary artery disease
- Microvascular coronary artery disease (Disease of the finer blood vessels in the body, including the capillaries)
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disorders
- Heart disease with unique characteristics including those that are related to race, gender, ethnicity, age and co-existing conditions.
A Track Record of Success with the Most Complex Conditions
Unique capabilities have made Penn Medicine a national second opinion and referral center, known for expertise in:
- Diagnosing difficult heart conditions.
- Helping to manage patients with complex cardiovascular problems.
- Providing new hope for patients who may previously have been considered untreatable.
Individualized, Coordinated Care Plans
Consultation services are tailored to the needs of the patients and the referring doctors to coordinate an optimal and seamless approach to care.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.