The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Bloodless Cardiac Surgery Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- The Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital is internationally recognized as a leader in the field and ranks among the best in the nation.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Penn’s bloodless cardiac surgeons are board certified and fellowship trained in cardiothoracic surgery.
- They lecture around the world on blood conservation and cardiac surgery, and host international visitors interested in learning about blood management techniques.
- They are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine’s “Top Docs” and America’s Top Doctors.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
- Penn routinely makes significant investments in the technology required to perform and achieve the best outcomes for bloodless cardiac surgery, such as cell savers, coagulation systems and oxygenation equipment.
Collaborative relationships that deliver real value to patients.
- Program members are active participants in the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM), advocating for patient interests and helping to define the best in evidence-based practices.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.