The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Advanced Cardiac Imaging Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- Penn hosts the busiest cardiac imaging center in the greater Philadelphia region.
- Fully dedicated cardiac imaging specialists see many heart patients and closely collaborate with cardiologists, vascular medicine specialists and surgeons. They develop a unique expertise that translates to greater accuracy and insight.
”Firsts” that open new options for patients.
- A long history of excellence in imaging began when the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania opened the first department of radiology in the United States.
- Many imaging technologies now in use around the world were first developed or perfected at Penn, including:
- Penn was the first in the region to:
- Perform coronary computed tomography (CT).
- Install a dual x-ray source computed tomography (CT) scanner.
- Establish a positron emission tomography (PET) center.
- Develop and implement myocardial tagging to assess regional heart function.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Penn imaging specialists are board certified and many are fellowship trained in echocardiography.
- They provide consultation and training in leading edge techniques to other imaging specialists around the world.
- They are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine’s “Top Docs” and America’s Top Doctors.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
- The advanced imaging laboratories at Penn rank among the most technically sophisticated facilities in the world.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.