The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Our commitment to serving you and advancing medicine is why we can say to the world, "Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine."
Learn more about why patients choose the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program at Penn for the most advanced care available:
Experience patients can rely on.
- Penn Medicine offers the region's most comprehensive services for diagnosing and treating adult patients with congenital cardiovascular defects.
"Firsts" that open new options for patients.
- The center was the first of its kind in the Mid-Atlantic region and continues to be one of only a few in North America. It is one of the fastest growing adult congenital heart disease programs in the nation.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care.
- Physicians and surgeons are board-certified in cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular surgeons are fellowship-trained in congenital heart surgery.
- They provide consultation and training for other medical professionals around the world.
- They are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's "Top Docs" and America's Top Doctors.
Collaborative relationships that deliver real value to patients.
- The partnership between Penn Medicine and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia ensures a smooth transition from child- to adult-centered care.
Integrated and coordinated care that maximizes quality and convenience.
- A multidisciplinary team of providers is fully integrated to offer patients easy access to every level of care they may need.
Unique capabilities and expertise.
- The Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program is one of the world’s foremost authorities in the field.
Active research programs that put Penn at the forefront of new development in heart transplantation.
- Penn basic and clinical researchers are uncovering the causes and effects of heart defects and developing new treatments.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.