Expert Consultation, Quality Cardiovascular Service, Continuing Medical Education and Training
Penn heart and vascular experts work with health care professionals in the surrounding community and from around the world to establish long-term, collaborative relationships. Penn physicians are committed to being reliable and trustworthy resources for consultation, diagnosis, and providing the most advanced treatment options to meet the needs of patients with cardiovascular disease. They strive to maintain open lines of communication with referring physicians and their patients to ensure that each patient's care is as seamless as possible.
Penn Medicine's vision is to provide excellent patient care today, and to perform the breakthrough research necessary to discover the treatments of tomorrow. In this spirit, Penn's clinical team is committed to all patients, no matter how "high-risk" their condition. They offer patients a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical treatment options available nowhere else in the region.
Penn Heart and Vascular has recruited the best doctors, nurses, researchers and technicians. They are committed to providing referring physicians and their patients the highest level of quality care and service.
Penn Heart and Vascular offers:
- One call for easy referral, consultation, transfer or admission
- An online referral option through our secure online form
- Rapid referral to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center for heart attack patients through the Penn Heart Rescue® Program
- Urgent transfer of seriously ill patients within a 150-mile radius of Philadelphia via mobile ICU vehicles, including PennSTAR Flight medical transportation
- Picture archiving and communications system (PACS) giving referring physicians seamless access to images for the patients they refer or transfer
Educational opportunities through:
- Live seminars, symposia, case-based conferences, grand rounds and online courses for CME credit
- Clinical briefings
Penn is regularly recognized both nationally and internationally for its commitment to research and excellence in heart and vascular clinical care.
Penn Heart & Vascular Clinical Activity Reports
Referring Physicians: To speak with a Penn physician or refer a patient, contact Penn Medicine through the secure online referral form or by calling 877-937-PENN (7366).