Educating Tomorrow's Leaders in Cardiac and Vascular Medicine, Surgery and Research
With a nationally top-ranked hospital for cardiac care, Penn Medicine's divisions of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cardiovascular Surgery, Vascular Medicine and Vascular Surgery are also nationally renowned for educating next generation leaders in medicine, surgery and research.
Our faculty members share a commitment to lifelong learning and lend their expertise to multiple undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education (CME) courses.
The “Best of the Best” come here for:
- Comprehensive educational experience.
- High-volume clinical services where trainees can gain expertise with both common and complex cardiac and vascular disorders.
- Robust cardiovascular research programs (Penn is among the few institutions in the nation with a dedicated cardiovascular research laboratory.)
- The opportunity to learn alongside world-class faculty who are experts in one or more cardiovascular subspecialties.
- Dedicated faculty mentors who provide a perfect balance between independence and supervision.
- Talented, accomplished fellow trainees with strong academic and leadership skills.
- Facilities equipped with today’s most advanced technology.
- A collaborative environment that fosters interdisciplinary cooperation throughout the institution.
- A history of innovation in clinical practice and research as well as in education.
- A reputation that helps graduates move on to careers at prestigious centers of excellence around the world.
Interested in a career in cardiovascular medicine?
Bonnie Ky, MD, MSCE
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Penn CVI Faculty Liaison for Research Projects
Dr. Ky serves as the faculty liaison for medical students and residents interested in performing research rotations or internships. These cardiovascular research rotations and internships are available for students (and residents) interested in pursuing careers in cardiovascular medicine.
Contact Dr. Ky for research rotation or intership assistance: