Why Residents and Fellows Choose Penn Medicine
Penn Heart and Vascular attracts resident and fellowship applicants from top–ranked universities throughout the world who are interested in careers in academic medicine. The “best of the best” come to Penn for their clinical training because:
- Penn’s comprehensive educational experience is second to none.
- High volume clinical services allow trainees to gain expertise with both common and unusual cardiac disorders.
- Penn faculty members hold some of the highest credentials in cardiovascular care. They include some of the world’s finest cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons, as well as specialists in cardiac imaging, transplantation, pulmonary medicine and rehabilitation medicine.
- Penn Heart and Vascular’s facilities are equipped with today's most advanced technology.
- Penn’s collaborative environment fosters productive interaction among fellow trainees, physicians from other disciplines and faculty.
- Graduates of Penn's residency and fellowship programs are highly recruited for leadership positions in private practice and academic medicine.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.