Why Patients Choose Penn Medicine
Extraordinary patient care is Penn Heart and Vascular’s number one priority. Patients and their primary care physicians choose Penn's heart and vascular services because:
- They offer the most comprehensive range of services in the region, including diagnostic and treatment options found at only a small group of centers in the nation. Penn specialists personalize treatment plans to match the various needs of each patient.
- Penn Heart and Vascular’s programs take a fully integrated approach to cardiovascular care and disease prevention, and are designed to provide a seamless continuum of care from early prevention strategies to end-stage options.
- Penn's nationally renowned cardiac specialists come with impressive credentials. Many are dual certified and fellowship trained. In addition, they are regularly acknowledged for their expertise by both peers and consumers and are recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's "Top Docs" and America's Top Doctors.
- As a high-volume center, Penn heart and vascular specialists routinely perform procedures that may be done only occasionally at other locations. Higher volumes often translate to better patient outcomes.
- Penn physicians, nurses and clinical staff create a supportive environment for patients. They understand what it’s like to be on the patient’s side of the table, they listen, and they tailor recommendations and care plans to each patient's individual needs.
- Penn Heart and Vascular practices evidence-based medicine and is committed to continuous improvement at every level. Each program’s quality improvement projects are aligned with national benchmarks.
- Penn’s cardiovascular clinicians are at the forefront of medicine. Because they also teach the next generation of leaders, they are well versed in not only the latest clinical practices today, but developing promising treatment options for tomorrow.
- Penn’s active cardiovascular research programs put them at the forefront of new developments. As a leader in clinical, NIH and FDA trials, Penn offers patients access to the latest treatment options before they are widely available.
- Penn's heart and vascular sites boast some of the most technologically advanced facilities in the world.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.