Penn Heart and Vascular
Penn Heart and Vascular combines the renowned expertise of its clinicians, researchers and educators to provide comprehensive, high quality care to all patients, no matter how " high risk" their condition. Penn's expert cardiologists, cardiac and vascular surgeons and subspecialists offer patient-centered care using the most advanced treatment options and therapies available.
World-Class Patient Care
- Penn offers the most comprehensive range of services in the region, including preventative and consultative services, diagnostic imaging and testing, and drug therapy, heart assist devices and surgical treatment options that can found at only a few centers across the country. Penn specialists personalize treatment plans to match the needs of each patient.
- Penn Heart and Vascular's clinical services take a fully integrated approach to cardiovascular care and disease prevention. They are designed to provide a seamless continuum of care from early prevention strategies to end-stage options.
- As a high-volume center, Penn heart and vascular specialists routinely perform procedures that may be done only occasionally at other locations. Studies have shown that Centers performing higher volumes of procedures have better patient outcomes.
- Penn physicians, nurses and clinical staff create a supportive environment for patients. They understand what it's like to be on the patient's side of the table, they listen, and they tailor recommendations and care plans to each patient's individual needs.
- Penn's cardiovascular clinicians are at the forefront of medicine. Because they teach the next generation of leaders, they are not only well-versed in the latest clinical practices today, but also are developing promising treatment options for tomorrow.
- As a national leader in basic science, translational research and clinical trials, Penn offers patients access to the latest treatment options before they are widely available elsewhere in the region.
- Penn's research programs are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and are at the forefront of innovation.
Comprehensive Educational Experiences
- The University of Pennsylvania's School of Medicine is ranked third in the country.
- High volume clinical services allow trainees to gain expertise with both common and unusual cardiovascular disorders.
- Penn Medicine is among the few institutions in the nation with a dedicated cardiovascular research laboratory.
- Penn Medicine faculty members hold some of the highest credentials in cardiovascular care. They include some of the world's finest cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons, as well as specialists in cardiac imaging, transplantation, pulmonary medicine and rehabilitation medicine.
- Penn attracts residents and fellows with strong academic and leadership skills, giving trainees the opportunity to learn alongside some of the most talented and accomplished physicians, residents and fellows in the world.
- Penn Heart and Vascular's facilities are equipped with today's most advanced technology.
- Penn's collaborative environment fosters productive interaction among fellow trainees, physicians from other disciplines and faculty.
- Graduates of Penn's residency and fellowship programs are highly recruited for leadership positions in academic medicine.
State-of-the-Art Research and Technology
- Penn is among the few institutions in the nation with a dedicated cardiovascular research laboratory.
- Penn Medicine's clinical and research programs are closely aligned with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) roadmap initiative, emphasizing research that has a direct effect on patient outcomes.
- Penn Medicine has been awarded several highly competitive grants and selected to participate in landmark clinical trials, including trials to develop the latest mechanical-assist devices and pioneer transcatheter (catheter-based) approaches to heart valve replacement.
- Penn is the leading national site for several clinical trials, including endovascular stent graft repair for thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- As one of the most stimulating academic environments in the world, new researchers can expect to collaborate and learn from some of the best minds in medicine in an interactive, highly networked and supportive working environment.
- Researchers at Penn Medicine have the opportunity to solve significant problems in their respective fields. In fact, many of the methods used around the world for diagnosing and treating heart and vascular disorders were developed by Penn researchers.
- Penn clinicians are pioneering the most advanced techniques and devices, such as ablation therapy for ventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation.
Penn Heart & Vascular Clinical Activity Reports
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.