See a doctor if you have any of the following
- Any serious medical condition like diabetes, asthma, emphysema,
cancer, or a history of blood clots in your legs or lungs.
- Pain or pressure in the chest, neck, shoulder, or arm during or
right after activities such as walking.
- Bone or joint problems, including arthritis or osteoporosis (especially
arthritis that has flared up so that one or more of your joints is
red, swollen, or painful).
- A heart condition, angina (chest pain), high blood pressure, or
Also, see a doctor if any of the following apply to you:
- Over age 40 or 45, and have not been active.
- Feel very breathless after mild activity.
- Tend to get dizzy, lose consciousness, or are subject to falls.
- Have experienced a feeling of your heart racing, skipping, or fluttering.
- Have had recent surgery, particularly to the eye or hip.
- Have an active infection or fever.
- Are experiencing any other unusual symptoms, such as unexplained
- You smoke.