Select Yes or No for each question below. Do this just before
each doctor's visit.
In the past 2 weeks
1. Have you coughed, wheezed, felt short of breath, or had chest tightness:
- During the day?
- At night, causing you to wake up?
- During or soon after exercise?
2. Have you needed "quick-relief" medicine more than one to two times per
3. Has your asthma kept you from doing anything you wanted to do?
4. Have your asthma medicines caused you any problems, like shakiness, sore
throat, or upset stomach?
In the past few months
5. Have you missed school or work because of your asthma?
6. Have you gone to the emergency room or hospital because of your asthma?
Questions created by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood
Institute. Interactive format created by A.D.A.M., Inc.
Review Date: 5/16/2007
Reviewed By: Alan Greene, M.D., F.A.A.P., Department of Pediatrics, Packard Children's Hospital, Stanford University School of Medicine; Chief Medical Officer, A.D.A.M., Inc.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997-
A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.