Penn Heart and Vascular
Penn Heart and Vascular combines the renowned expertise of its physicians and researchers to provide comprehensive, high-quality care to all patients, regardless of how high risk their condition. Penn Medicine's expert cardiologists, cardiac and vascular surgeons, and subspecialists use the most advanced treatment options and therapies available.
Penn Medicine offers a comprehensive range of cardiac services, including preventive and consultative services, diagnostic imaging and testing, the latest drug therapies, mechanical heart-assist devices and surgical treatment options that can be found at only the most advanced medical centers.
About Heart and Vascular Care at Penn
- Penn's heart failure program one of the nation's largest, offers access to the latest generation of mechanical-assist devices and treatments for end-stage heart failure, including transplantation.
- One of the top 10 adult heart transplant programs in the country, Penn's survival rates exceed national standards.
- Penn electrophysiologists are world leaders in corrective therapies that cure complex heart rhythm disorders.
- Penn cardiovascular surgeons are among the nation's leaders in mitral and aortic valve repair and replacement.
- Penn serves as the lead site for numerous clinical trials, providing patients with access to the latest cardiac treatments.
The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine's heart valve specialists lead the way in the development of new techniques and devices for heart valve disease. The Penn Valve Center is among the largest providers of heart valve care in the region, performing more than 1,000 valve procedures annually.
Penn is recognized as an international leader in the field of aortic and mitral valve repair and replacement. The Penn Valve Center team is fully dedicated to timely recognition, treatment and long-term management of its valve patients. With an active research program, Penn is at the forefront of new developments in the diagnosis and management of heart valve disorders.