Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my contribution to Penn Medicine tax deductible?
Yes, Penn Medicine fits the federal definition of a not-for-profit organization. The tax identification number is 23-1352685
- What do I put on the check?
Checks to any entity within the University of Pennsylvania Health System can be made payable to "The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania."
- I'd like to make a contribution in honor or memory of a doctor, friend or family member. What do I need to do?
Many donors choose to make their gift in honor of a physician or other health care provider, or in memory of a loved one who received care through the health system. You merely need to provide a name and contact information, and we will notify the honored person or family.
- How do I ask for contributions to be made in lieu of flowers?
To include information in public notices about donating to Penn Medicine in lieu of flowers or gifts, please include our address: Penn Medicine Development and Alumni Relations; 3535 Market St., Suite 750; Philadelphia, PA 19104.
- How can I share with my friends and family what matters most to me at Penn Medicine?
You can create your own webpage to raise money for the Penn Medicine cause that means the most to you and your family. Visit our Giving Pages and get started today.
- I have a question about the online giving form.
Please call 215-898-0578, Monday-Friday, 9-5; or email UPHSgift@upenn.edu at anytime.
- I have a question that you don't answer here. Where do I go?
You can email us, UPHSgift@upenn.edu; call our director of annual giving at 215-898-0578; or write: Penn Medicine Development and Alumni Relations; 3535 Market St., Suite 750; Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.