The Penn Rodebaugh Diabetes Center and Penn Endocrinology Associates at Pennsylvania Hospital offer family-oriented approaches to patient care. Endocrinologists, clinicians and support staff provide a variety of treatments and services to help patients with diabetes and their families manage diabetes and develop healthy, normal lifestyles.
Patient-Centered Diabetes Care
At Penn Medicine, patients are active members of the health care team.
- Traditional treatment from a multidisciplinary team of experts in diabetes management
- Options to manage diabetes
- Access to new techniques in diabetes management
- Access to clinical trials for diabetes
It is important for patients receiving diabetes care to:
- Keep regular appointments
- Monitor blood glucose
- Record blood glucose
- Follow medication plans
- Follow meal plans
- Complete yearly eye exams, blood glucose testing and kidney screenings
- Evaluate quarterly A1c to measure overall diabetes control
Learn more about treatment services and programs for patients with diabetes: