Endocrinologists at Penn Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism offer diagnosis, treatment and management for patients with endocrine disorders within a multidisciplinary setting that includes specialists from cardiology, women's health, surgery, cancer, radiation oncology and neurology.
U.S. News & World Report ranked the Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian as the highest in the Philadelphia region for hormonal disorders. Overall, the clinical specialties at Penn have been consistently ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
Endocrine disorders treated at Penn include:
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Gestational diabetes
- Parathyroid disorders
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Reproductive disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- A multidisciplinary approach to care for endocrine disorders including adrenal gland disorders, gestational diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, parathyroid disorders, pituitary gland disorders, reproductive disorders, thyroid disorders and diabetes.
- Support for people with diabetes including education, nutrition and diet counseling, foot care, insulin pump support and continuous glucose monitoring.
- Access to national research and clinical trials for endocrine disorders and diabetes.
- Treatment for reproductive disorders in men and women.
- A comprehensive thyroid center for thyroid nodule evaluation and treatment.
- One of the largest thyroid cancer programs in the eastern United States.