Endocrinologists at Penn Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism offer diagnosis, treatment and management for patients with endocrine disorders within a multidisciplinary setting that includes specialists from cardiology, women's health, surgery, cancer, radiation oncology and neurology.
U.S. News & World Report ranked the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania as the highest in the Philadelphia region for hormonal disorders. Overall, the clinical specialties at Penn have been consistently ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
Endocrine disorders treated at Penn include:
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Gestational diabetes
- Parathyroid disorders
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Reproductive disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- A multidisciplinary approach to care for endocrine disorders including adrenal gland disorders, gestational diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, parathyroid disorders, pituitary gland disorders, reproductive disorders, thyroid disorders and diabetes.
- Support for people with diabetes including education, nutrition and diet counseling, foot care, insulin pump support and continuous glucose monitoring.
- Access to national research and clinical trials for endocrine disorders and diabetes.
- Treatment for reproductive disorders in men and women.
- A comprehensive thyroid center for thyroid nodule evaluation and treatment.
- One of the largest thyroid cancer programs in the eastern United States.