7. If the person is not breathing or has trouble breathing:
- Cover the person’s mouth tightly with your mouth.
- Pinch the nose closed.
- Keep the chin lifted and head tilted.
- Give 2 breaths. Each breath should take about a second and make the chest rise.
8. Continue CPR (30 chest compressions followed by 2 breaths, then repeat) until the person recovers or help arrives. If an AED for adults is available, use it as soon as possible.
If the person starts breathing again, place them in the recovery position. Periodically re-check for breathing until help arrives.