Your health care provider will perform a physical examination that includes checking your temperature, pulse, rate of breathing, and blood pressure. Your heart and circulation will also be examined.
Your provider will ask questions such as:
- Is this the first time you have felt a bounding pulse?
- Did it develop suddenly or gradually?
- Is it present continuously, or only from time to time?
- Does it get better if you rest?
- What other symptoms do you have?
- Does it only happen along with other symptoms, such as palpitations?
- Are you pregnant?
- Have you had a fever?
- Have you been very anxious or stressed?
- Do you have high blood pressure or congestive heart failure?
- Do you have kidney failure?
- Do you have heart valve disease?
The following diagnostic tests may be performed: