Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS)
As skilled professionals in their specialty, clinical nurse specialists (CNS) bring evidence-based research, leading-edge technology and innovative approaches to the bedside. They are considered a "nurses' nurse" and a highly-valued partner in Penn Medicine's interdisciplinary team.
At Penn Medicine, the CNS is a change agent. As a unit-based expert, they are encouraged to use their specialized knowledge and organizational influence to move ideas and evidence into practice at the bedside. CNS positions offer an exciting and rewarding opportunity to be at the center of implementing improvements and making discoveries that lead to quality outcomes.
Penn Medicine clinical nurse specialists have the opportunity to:
- Define and shape their own practice
- Hold a key clinical leadership role
- Retain their area of specialty
- Become a champion of Penn Medicine's Blueprint for Quality
- Provide patient- and family-centered care
- Employ cutting-edge technologies
- Implement evidence-based practice
- Instill a passion in bedside nurses for advancement
- Act as clinical experts influencing the delivery of care
Attributes of successful candidates include:
- Capacity to lead
- Ability to create their own role
- An innovative approach to care
- Ability to work in an complex environment
- Talent to influence others
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Confident in their specialty
- Penchant for life-long learning
- Ability to build relationships inside and outside of the unit
Not ready to apply for a position, but wish to learn more?
Send us an email.