Bloodless Medicine Nursing Staff at Penn
Nurses at the Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery work directly with the center's medical director, physicians and surgeons to develop each patient's recommended bloodless plan of care.
Skilled in Bloodless Medicine and Surgery
Bloodless medicine nurses at Penn are highly skilled and trained to assess and respond to every patient's needs and concerns and communicate directly with the bloodless surgical and medical team.
Nursing staff at the center provides comprehensive care that includes:
- Administering medications to boost blood count
- Communicating regularly with the center's medical director, physicians, surgeons and staff
- Following each bloodless patient carefully before, during and after surgery
- Monitoring hemoglobin levels
- Making recommendations to manage anemia or bleeding
- Providing counseling on nutrition and iron
- Taking initial patient history, assessment and blood counts