About Blood Cells Disorders Treatment at Penn
The Penn-CHOP Blood Center for Patient Care and Discovery is a collaborative program between hematology and laboratory specialists at Penn Medicine and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Together, they are dedicated to improve the outcomes for both adult and pediatric patients with these blood cell disorders through basic, clinical and translational research, and work to make the treatment transition from child to adult seamless for patients and their families.
Blood Disorders Treatment
- The Penn-CHOP Blood Center for Patient Care and Discovery provides a comprehensive range of clinical services including:
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and clinical care to patients of all ages, including routine appointments and acute care
- In-clinic phlebotomy
- An infusion suite for apheresis and administration of intravenous medications and blood products
- Coordination of referrals with specialty and subspecialty providers
- Availability of hematology physicians for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.