Why Patients Choose the Penn Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Program
Extraordinary patient care is the number one priority of the Penn Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Program. Patients and their primary care physicians choose the Penn Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Program because:
- It offers the most comprehensive range of services in the region, including the latest advances in weight loss surgery. Penn specialists personalize treatment plans to match the various needs of each patient.
- The Penn Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Program takes a fully integrated approach, providing services in an environment of compassionate intervention and goal-oriented care. This excellence in patient care is continued from consultation to treatment.
- The Penn Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Program's board-certified specialists are nationally and internationally renowned.
- As the largest metabolic and bariatric surgery program in Philadelphia, Penn's metabolic and bariatric specialists routinely perform procedures that may be done only occasionally at other locations. Studies have shown that centers performing higher volumes of procedures have better patient outcomes.
- Penn physicians, nurses and clinical staff create a supportive environment for patients. They understand what it’s like to be on the patient's side of the table, they listen, and they tailor recommendations and care plans to each patient’s individual needs.
- The Penn Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Program practices evidence-based medicine and is committed to continuous improvement at every level. Each program's quality improvement projects are aligned with national benchmarks.
- Penn's metabolic and bariatric specialists are at the forefront of medicine. Because they teach the next generation of leaders, they are not only well-versed in the latest clinical practices today, but also are developing promising treatment options for tomorrow.
- Penn's active weight management research programs puts it at the forefront of new developments. As a leader in clinical, NIH and FDA trials, Penn offers patients access to the latest treatment options before they are widely available.
Learn more about Patient Care
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.